Exercise Program after Surgery
You should consult your doctor about the best time for starting exercise.
Light exercises: 30 minutes
Walking: Moderate speed
- Activities cause strain in the abdominal muscles is forbidden for patients who have abdominoplasty.
- Swimming, prolonged sitting, and using the exercise equipment is forbidden until the end of the third month.
- Please go to the office for the next examination at the end of the third month.
Diet Program after Surgery
Dear patient, please note the following for improving your body shape after surgery.
- You should have physical activity such as walking 30-60 minutes every day.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water every day. 2 glasses when you are fasting and 1 glass before each meal.
- Provide low-salt foods. Food should be prepared without salt according to physician advice.
- Consume low fat milk and dairy products such as yogurt, cheese, and etc.
- Consume nonfat or low-fat meat and meat products.
- It is better to eat white meat such as chicken and fish.
- It is better to cook boiled or grilled red and white meat in a microwave or oven. Daily consumption of red meat should not be more than 200 grams.
- Make the food with a small amount of no cholesterol cooking oil.
- Eat salad before the meal. You can use lettuce, cucumber, and tomatoes in your salad.
- Adding parsley and wheat germ to the salad is recommended.
- You can use fresh lemon juice, sour orange juice, vinegar, and verjuice for salad dressing.
- Adding a spoon of olive oil to the salad is recommended.
- Olive oil does not deposit in the vessels but has a lot of calories like the other oils. Do not use it too much.
- Do not eat food or salad with mayonnaise.
- Eating non-starchy vegetables such as zucchini, celery, eggplant, okra, green beans, carrots, spinach, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, and etc. is recommended with your food.
- Avoid eating starchy vegetables such as corn, green peas, and potatoes especially french fries and chips.
- Avoid eating sweet fruits such as coconut, mango, banana, and pineapple especially canned pineapple.
- Avoid eating flatulent fruits such as watermelon, papaya, cantaloupe, and melon.
- Consumption of wholemeal barley bread is recommended.
- You can use arbitrary number of cucumber, celery, and lettuce for snack.
- You can eat rice up to two times during the week.
- Avoid eating high-calorie foods such as pasta, lasagna, pizza, sausage, salami, tuna, burgers, and etc.
- Avoid eating high-calorie snacks such as chips, jelly, ice cream, roasted nuts, chocolate, and creamy cake.
- Each unit of fruit can consists of 1 medium orange, 2 small tangerines, 3 apricots, half a grapefruit, 1 sweet lemon, 1 medium apple, half a medium pear, half a peach, 1 medium nectarine, and 14 cherries.
- Avoid drinking hot tea for using less sugar and dates. In general eating 2 dates during the day is recommended.
Do not eat anything that is not in your diet program because it increases the calories and prevents weight loss.